Who doesn’t love fried rice? It’s a classic Chinese take-away side-dish that no one can resist! This time around we are making it healthier by swapping out the white rice with brown, and packing in the veggies. You get a veggie overload in this rice and I promise you are going to love it! This recipe makes 3 – 4 servings.
- 3 cups cooked and chilled brown rice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup diced carrots (dice thin)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen peas , thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup corn , cooked and cooled
- 3 – 4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce , to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Heat oil in a large non-stick wok (or large, deep pan) over medium-high heat.
Add carrots, onions, garlic and ginger and saute 3 minutes.
Add broccoli and bell pepper and saute until veggies are soft, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Move veggies over to one side of the pan, crack eggs into opposite side and scramble and cook through.
Stir rice, peas, corn, soy sauce and sesame oil and cook and toss for a further 2 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!