Being well into winter, I thought I’d share a recipe that is sure to keep you warm! This recipe serves 4 people and can be served over some cooked brown rice or just be itself.
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (or green bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup cauliflower, diced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- Pinch cayenne or 1 dried red chili, diced (optional for heat)
- 2 cans light coconut milk (sub full fat for richer texture)
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve and Enjoy!