Because Avo is life! And I have to admit – I am a little obsessed with chickpeas 😉 This recipe is a super quick, easy, healthy and delicious one!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 Small clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 1 large OR 2 small avocados
- 1/4 cup Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Stir in garlic through, carrot, onion, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and pepper.
- Slice the avocado(s) in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh from each half with a spoon.
- Dice the avocado into small cubes. Mash half of the avocado into the chickpea mixture then gently fold in the rest along with the fresh coriander.
- Spoon the mixture into the empty avocado skins and serve immediately.
- Serves 2