Just because it’s freezing and soup is life!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 140g cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed seeds and nuts, to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan and fry the onion and garlic for one minute.
- Add turmeric and cherry tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar and basil, bring to boil, cover with a lid and let simmer for five minutes.
- Transfer into the blender and pulse until you get a creamy liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with mixed seeds and nuts.