What is better than a delicious breakfast?? A healthy delicious breakfast! This recipe is a keeper and most definitely on of my favourites.
- 1 sweet potato – about 1.5 cups, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions (finely diced)
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- tabasco (optional)
- sea salt and pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, stir together grated sweet potato, one egg, coconut flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spray waffle iron generously with nonstick spray. Spoon one half of the sweet potato mixture into the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the waffle begins to turn medium golden brown.
- Remove waffle and repeat with second half of the batter.
- While waffles cook, poach or fry eggs. Peel and pit avocado. Mash together with diced spring onions and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.