- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 head cauliflower (about 6 cups of florets)
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- a few generous shakes of spicy seasoning – cumin, chili powder, cayenne, etc.
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Cook the quinoa according to package directions but only using 1 cup of water.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, transfer to a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and sprinkle with spices to taste. Roast for 20-30 minutes. Let cool.
- Pulse cooled cauliflower through a food processor to form small pieces that stick together. We don’t want PUREE here, but we do want enough mushiness to help it all stick together.
- Combine the cooked, pulsed cauliflower with the quinoa, garlic salt, ground almonds, mozzarella cheese, eggs, salt, and another teaspoon or two of spicy seasoning (cayenne will make it hot-spicy, so just add a few shakes of that one). Form 10 patties from this mixture.
- In an oiled or nonstick pan over medium heat, cook the burgers until golden brown on each side, flipping very carefully to avoid breaking. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Enjoy these burgers with any healthy toppings of your choice! My favorite toppings included: Lettuce, Tomato, Gherkins, Avocado, Red Onions, etc!