These will blow your mind. The first time I thought about an Avocado fry, I was completely put off by the idea of ‘cooked’ avocado BUT trust me, these are worth a try! Perfect for an anytime snack or for wowing people with your ingenious and out-there cooking skills!
- 2 Haas Avocados, Sliced
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced
- 1-2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cayenne
- 1/2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 C. Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices. (This is just to preserve their colour while baking.)
- Combine the Cayenne, Salt, and Desiccated Coconut in a small bowl. Put the egg white in its own separate small bowl.
- Coat the avocado slices in the egg white and then straight into coconut mixture.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and then lightly coat the avocado with non-stick cooking spray. (This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.)
- Set the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Serve with a low calorie mayo and wholegrain mustard/ sweet chili dipping sauce.