This recipe was inspired by wanting to add some colour to my meals. 🌈
I’m usually pretty lazy during the week and eat mostly plain coloured food in excess (egg whites 🍳, oats 🍲, tuna 🐟, hake, brown rice, mushrooms 🍄, broccoli 🌱).
So i raided my kitchen and landed up with this pretty amazing salad! Can be eaten alone or as am accompaniment to your protein 👌
Recipe makes about 4 servings
– 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
– 1 tsp. Garlic, crushed
– 1 small Onion, diced
– 1 Spring onion, chopped
– Handful of Chives, chopped
– 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
– 4 mielies, cooked and removed from cob
– 1 tin of Red kidney beans
– Handful of Coriander, chopped
– 1 Sweetener stick
– 1 tbsp. Lime juice
1. In a pan heat the coconut oil and add the onions, spring onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and chives.Cook until onions are cooked well.
2. In a separate bowl add the mielies, red kidney beans, lime juice and sweetener.
3. Add this mixture to the pan in no 1.
4. Cook on a medium heat until everything has warmed through and browned slightly.
5. Take off the heat and add the coriander.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving: