This fresh and hearty salad is great for a quick dinner or sandwich topping. It is also great for winter – served warm of course! The best part is that this recipe is super easy and makes about 8 – 10 servings!
– 1 punnet of mushrooms, sliced
– 500 g cherry tomatoes. sliced
– 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed
– 1 tin black beans, rinsed
– 1 whole yellow pepper, diced into small squares
– 4 mielies, cooked and cut off the cob
– 1 round of feta, crumbled
– 2 avos, chopped
For the sauce :
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 jalapeno chili
– 2 tbsp honey
– A bunch of coriander
– Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to a heated pan with some olive oil and cook.
– Add the rest of the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
– Once the tomatoes and mushrooms are done, add to the bowl.
– In a jug combine all the sauce ingredients and stir until everything has mixed well together.
– Pour this mixture over the salad and toss to coat everything.
– Serve and Enjoy!!!