- 4 Brinjals, Thinly sliced and degorged
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- For the Sauce:
- 6 large Tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 250 Mushrooms, Thinly sliced
- ½ Yellow Pepper, Thinly sliced
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- Coat the Brinjals with olive oil and put into the grill until golden brown
- In the meantime, add the sauce ingredients to a pot and cook for about 20 minutes with the lid on
- After 20 minutes remove the lid and allow the sauce to thicken as it reduces
- In a large dish layer the Brinjals, tomato sauce, mozzarella twice
- Pop into the oven at about 200⁰C for 15 minutes and then turn on the grill and leave it in until the top layer of mozzarella is a golden crispy brown.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.